Saturday, February 19, 2011

Scenes from a "Riot"

Paul Ryan keeps using that word.  I don't think it means what he thinks it means.

Ground zero for the clashing "mobs" on Saturday was the King Street entrance to the Capitol Square, where the Tea Party Rally was held, and pro-Walker demonstrators had to pass by the "union thugs" ringing the square.
As you can see, it's an urban terrorscape.  Actually, it reminded me of Taste of Madison, only with less humidity.


Some "union thugs" brought attack dogs to intimidate the crowd.



This guy was frequently photographed. Sometimes he wore the belt, sometimes he held it up like a sign.

The small sign above the American Postal Workers banner in this picture is my favorite. It says: "They can have their tea party. I'm a Wisconsinite and I want a kegger"

5 comments:

The Kentucky Turtle said...

I've never seen a more horrifying scene in my life. As your photos clearly show, the place was crawling with Union thugs and their attack dogs.

Mitch

Dan said...

Nice post and one of the better ones I've seen at that. I see you survived the Tea Party protest as well.

James Greenlee said...

Very nice post, Jill. It's nice to "know" someone who was there!

Tim Morrissey said...

Excellent post...and photos!

Anonymous said...

Jill , im the guy who made the "kegger sign"...thanks for the shout out!! You have quite a nice blog here!! I look forward to reading more from you.

THanks,
CJ