Sunday, May 12, 2013

Is WEDC a Kleptocracy or an Idiocracy?

The way I see it, there are only two possibilities:

1. WEDC was designed to be an opaque slush fund to transfer public dollars to Scott Walker's cronies in the private sector (in which case, mission accomplished); or

2. Scott Walker and his cronies in charge of WEDC are completely unqualified for such high-level positions of responsibility.

Either way, a lot of voters in Wisconsin ought to be feeling a great deal of buyer's remorse. High-speed rail would have been far less expensive to Wisconsin taxpayers than WEDC and would have created a lot more jobs.

I can't add anything else to what Tim Morrissey pointed out on the subject.

3 comments:

Beer, Bicycles and the VRWC said...

Considering that both you and Tim are Walker-haters, it is hard for me to believe you might have any objectivity in this.

Beer, Bicycles and the VRWC said...

And you reference a Wiki page? I thought better of you than that.

Ordinary Jill said...

Deekaman, if you have a link to a better article explaining The Peter Principle, feel free to suggest it. Wikipedia has its uses, and for introductory articles on general-knowledge subjects, it is often the best choice. And just because I'm not objective doesn't mean I'm not right. If the only things you can find to criticize are my objectivity in general and my choice to link to a Wikipedia article, rather than the substance of my criticism of Walker and WEDC, you must secretly agree with me.