Saturday, April 10, 2010

What Is Dick Leinenkugel Thinking?

I'm not talking about listing his state phone number on his campaign website (clearly he was not thinking at all in that case). I'm talking about running for the Senate in 2010.

I have no doubt that Leinenkugel will win the Republican primary against the gentleman pumpkin farmer and the Jeff Foxworthy character (say it with me: "If you are running for public office, and you wear blaze orange to all of your campaign appearances, you just might be a redneck.").

However, will the tea partiers really come out in the general election to vote for a member of Doyle's cabinet? I suppose they'll come to the voting booth to vote against Tom Barrett, but I suspect there may be some blank Senate sections on ballots.

Leinenkugel would have a much better shot in 2012, when Herb Kohl is widely expected to retire. Maybe 2010 is just a practice run.

2 comments:

Zach W. said...

I thought Terrence Wall's run was just to build name recognition for an eventual run in 2012, but apparently T. Wall is quite serious about unseating Sen. Feingold.

Beer, Bicycles and the VRWC said...

Leinenkugel is not a conservative...by any stretch. When the leader of the Wisconsin Democrat Party says he can't figure out why Leinie is running as a Republican, I see red flags. And don't even get me started on Leinies part in the Talgo fiasco.

Zero chance he can win the GOP primary.