Saturday, May 7, 2011

She Swallowed the Spider to Catch the Fly...

The Wisconsin DNR plans to introduce three species of Chinese wasps in an attempt to control the Emerald Ash Borer.

Bringing in new invasive species to control an invasive pest -- what could possibly go wrong?

I heard the buzzing of a crop-duster overhead a few days ago, reminding me that gypsy-moth-spraying season is upon us.  I guess my neighborhood is among the lucky places in Dane County to receive a bath of soil bacterium that is supposed to kill the caterpillars.  I suppose it's better than the toxic soil vapors that folks near the Madison-Kipp plant have to deal with.

The joys of Spring in the Midwest.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Trade you the emerald ash borer for the black widow spider and scorpions that are hanging around our town house.
Spring time in Las Vegas.